Wednesday, January 9, 2008

R.I.P. 2007

Peace, Blessings and Happy New Year to All!!! I have not been sharing or writing. I have been experiencing a metamorphosis spiritually, mentally and physically!!! It has been a challenging, tiring and erotic experience for me and those that are close to me. The experience included highs, lows, lessons, reviews, tests, life and death. Ironically, it has been a beautiful experience. It was much like the pregnancy, labor and delivery of my first born. During a pregnancy there is much anticipation and anxiety. A new mother is awaiting the birth of her first child. She wonders what the new addition will look, sound and feel like. The novice parent is nervous about the horror stories of labor. Finally, the day comes. Labor is intense, painful, stressful and exhausting. The pain is unbearable and unexplainable. After pushing, stretching and crying for hours, a beautiful human being arrives and the pain is a distant memory. Likewise, the challenge of my metamorphosis was much like that of the pregnancy, labor and delivery of my first child. As soon as a Word was spoken to me about what God was going to do in my life, I became anxious. I wondered what my blessing was going to be. I daydreamed about how my life was going to change. I wondered what my new attitude, spirit and body would feel and look like. Oh, how God has a wonderful sense of humor! The labor pains began. I allowed the novelty of the Word that was spoken to me to wear off. I allowed my flesh to take over. I distanced myself from church and from those that were spiritually connected to me. It was not done with a malicious heart. It was done because of "life" and for the lack of prioritizing the importance of the Lord. I tossed and turned during this labor. I suffered spiritually, mentally, financially and physically. It was extremely painful and stressful. Oh, but deliverance is mine!!!! God prevailed. His children are always kept. Even when we slip and fall. Even when we dismiss and deny, He never leaves us. He is always there to pick us up with a clean slate. He does not play the "shoulda, coulda, woulda." He simply allows the test, repositions us and Reappears! He is awesome! The delivery or deliverance was an experience that is immeasurable to the human eye or to those that are of the flesh. I was delivered, forgiven and made new. I was allowed to enter into this new year with a peaceful mind and calm heart. I have a beautiful and bountifully blessed family, awesome friendships, and recognized gifts and talents.

I stepped into this new year with no resolutions in mind. I just want to receive God's word this year and to walk in His light with stupid faith.

Although God has His hands on my life, He will did not promise only sunshine. There will be some clouds. Unfortunately, on December 28, 2007, the world lost a great one but the heavens gained my Great Uncle Ollie Cooley. I attended the Home Going services for this great one. Although I did not know him well during his life on earth, I gained a profound love and esteem for his contribution to this earth at the Home Going services. See, he planted a might seeds in fruitful soil. The plethora of warmth, love and sincerity that was bestowed upon the entire congregation during the services was overwhelming. His belief in God, loyalty and family was evident in the presence of all of his living children, grand and great grand children. To have the opportunity to witness generations of loved ones speak of the blessings and contributions of a loved one is a movement of God.

The passing of Uncle Ollie and new life that I received gives me motivation to continue on this journey. I know that He is in control of my coming and my going. I have submitted and I am totally committed to His will.

Until next time, Peace and much love!!!

No comments: