Monday, December 17, 2007

Hebrews 1:11

It is returning full circle again. When my husband and I were dating, we would daydream about our future together and about our individual desires, career choices and etc. He is such a determined man that it is inspiring to see him challenged with a new task. He would always say, "God, me and you." When pagers were popular and cell phones were the size of VCR's, we would text each other the code, "111." "111," represented, "God, me and you!" My husband and I have been together for 11 years and married for almost eight. It has been very challenging, but I count it all joy because of the foundation we set early in our relationship. We chose to put God first. Without Him and our faith, we would be nothing. His works are amazing.

It was not until this morning that I was able to revisit our secret code, "111" as I searched for a scripture. I initially wanted to write about my experience yesterday. Most of you know that I am an instructor at a Title I school in DeKalb County. For those of you that are not aware, most Title I schools have very little resources for their students. I am a technology instructor at a year round school. I love my job. The administration did not want the average computer lab where the students play games. We are implementing a career/vocational junior program at this school and the students are blossoming. It is so beautiful to see 1st grade students mastering skills in PowerPoint. It is all God to know that 3rd grade students are learning about money management through our Partner in Education, Fidelity Bank, and can apply those skills in Microsoft EXCEL by creating a functional budget worksheet.

On January 31, 2008, Flat Shoals Elementary School will host its first Technology Fair that will be open to grades Kindergarten through 5th grade. This fair will be a dispaly and competition event where students will have the ability to display the skills they have mastered since July. The categories will be internet/intranet applications, multimedia applications, non-mulitmedia applications, technology literacy, and robotics. In order for this fair to be successful, funds are needed to supply students with necessary equipment and training. Unfortunately, school system resources are scarce and the execution of the fair was beginning to look dim. I felt within my spirit that I was not given the task of this job or this fair in vain. I knew that this event had to happen for the children, parents and community of Flat Shoals Elementary School.

Several weeks ago, I applied for a mini grant with an organization to assist with funding our technology fair. I got a response over the weekend and my grant proposal was approved. The students of Flat Shoals Elementary School will witness the goodness of God through faith. I responded to the organization last night with sincere thanks. I told them that their organization is a living testimony that God is alive and able. I have faith that He will not allow His children to go unnoticed.

I began to search for a scripture that my daddy used to say, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." The reference for the scripture is Hebrews 1:11. If that ain't God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: